Mathematics is one of the oldest learned disciplines, and continues to be a vital and developing topic of research. It is the basis for understanding much of the physical world, and it has become essential for the study of modern developments in the social sciences. The Vassar Mathematics Department offers a flexible major, enabling students to tailor their course of study for a range of interests, as well as a correlate sequence for students concentrating in other disciplines.
- Mathematician and educator to discuss “Equal Access to Quality Mathematics Education: A Civil Rights Issue” (4/9)
- Google Info Session with Calder Coalson: Thursday 4/2
- LAVA Talk with Jehan Shams, VC '13: Thursday 4/30
- Colloquium with Johanna Franklin: Monday 4/20
- Colloquium with Victor Donnay: Postponed to the Fall, 2015