Mathematics is one of the oldest learned disciplines, and continues to be a vital and developing topic of research. It is the basis for understanding much of the physical world, and it has become essential for the study of modern developments in the social sciences. The Vassar Mathematics Department offers a flexible major, enabling students to tailor their course of study for a range of interests, as well as a correlate sequence for students concentrating in other disciplines.
- LAVA Talk with Kofi James, VC '08: Monday 11/10
- Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter to give keynote address at symposium for Undergraduate Research Summer Institute (10/1)
- LAVA Talk with Philani Mpofu, VC '12: Friday 9/26
- LAVA Talk with Carl Gutowski, VC '85: Friday 10/3
- Job Opening: Assistant Professor of Statistics